MAMBO KAMA YALIVYO NJE YA TANZANIA

Wednesday 26 October 2011

ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE - LESSON FROM A 12 YEAR KID

13:43 By Mindset


Ontlametse Phalatse, a South African who is the first black child to be diagnosed with the rare aging disease progeria. She is 12 years old now but her body skin has a look of an old lady. 

Despite of knowing her life expectancy is of 13 years, and all the difficulties of living in her condition, Ontlametse is very strong, and happy, and she teaches us the big reason of ACCEPTING WHO WE ARE.
The following are some quotes from Ontlametse:

“It’s nice that I have accepted who I am. I don’t care what people say. I’m proud of myself. I’m glad I know who I am,” 

“Since I really learned about my disease, maybe I can counsel kids because I did psychology by myself,”

"I call myself a first lady because I'm the first black child with this disease... Which other black child do you know with this disease?"
To read more about Ontlametse: CLICK HERE

0 comments: