MAMBO KAMA YALIVYO NJE YA TANZANIA

Friday 16 September 2011

PURCHASING MADE EASY

12:56 By Mindset


                In the picture: Names of some of retail companies that do supermarket business

With a number of supermarkets and shopping malls, it is very common here in SA, people to buy groceries such as maize flour, oil, meat, etc in bulk monthly or weekly.

The number of small shops in the streets which sell small items in small quantities is small. The shops are famous as SPAZA (most of these shops are not even required to have business licence , and they don’t pay taxes to the government!!).

So, expect to use supermarkets for about 90% of your purchases when you are in SA.

There are a number of supermarkets and shopping malls, not only in major cities, even in small cities and townships. 

For example, I may need matches, I go to Shoprite, I buy a box of matches! or I need a drink like FANTA, I walk to a nearby supermarket to get my bottle of FANTA !

Remember, there are many ’ Mlimani City Malls’ around here.

0 comments: